Public Nutritionist Examination
I. Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main task of public nutritionist is to:
A. Provide medical nutrition therapy
B. Develop nutrition policies and programs
C. Educate and advise people about nutrition
D. All of the above
Answer: D. All of the above
2. Which of the following is not a component of nutritional assessment?
A. Anthropometric measurements
B. Laboratory tests
C. Physical activity
D. Dietary intake
Answer: C. Physical activity
3. Which of the following is a public health concern related to nutrition?
Answer: B. Obesity
4. Which of the following is not a nutrient?
Answer: C. Calorie
II. Fill in the Blanks
5. The process of gathering and analyzing information about an individual’s nutritional status is known as ________ assessment.
6. Nutrition education is important for helping individuals to make informed _________ about their food choices.
7. ___________ is the science of how food and nutrition affect human health.
8. ___________ is a measure of the amount of energy derived from food.
III. Short Answer Questions
9. What is the role of a public nutritionist in the community?
Answer: The role of a public nutritionist in the community is to develop nutrition policies and programs, educate and advise people about nutrition, and provide medical nutrition therapy. They are also responsible for assessing the nutritional needs of the population, conducting community health assessments and surveys, and designing and implementing nutrition education programs. Public nutritionists also work to reduce the prevalence of nutrition-related diseases and promote healthy eating habits.